Skills to Blend-In, Self-Esteem to Stand Out
At Chameleon Counseling, we believe in neurodiversity, and all brains are equal. But we acknowledge that our world is difficult to live in, and we provide the skills you need to “blend-in” so you can feel successful. If you already have functional skills, we can help you find ways to change your internal and external world, so you are not exhausting or burning yourself out.
Chameleon Counseling is helpful for:
- Autism Spectrum
- Emotion Regulation
- Goal Setting
- Family Struggles
- Individuals who are interested in developing a life skill or changing current patterns.
- Individuals who struggle to notice, understand, and/or implement social norms & rules.
- Individuals who are fully aware of what is "normal", but find themselves having a difficult time keeping up.
- Individuals who are completely drained by life and societal expectations.
- Individuals that have specific goals, but can't seem to accomplish them.
- Individuals who are curious to learn more about their inner systems.
What to Expect at Chameleon Counseling
Internal Family Systems (IFS)
The primary therapy approach used is Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS). IFS is helpful because not only is it healing, but teaches you new skills and strategies that improve your self-esteem, emotion regulation, follow through, and your relationships. IFS provides a new sense of understanding and acceptance of yourself.
Improve your Life Functioning
Skill building is accomplished through IFS, Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, Cognitive-Behavior Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, etc. Skills:
- Emotional Regulation
- Healthy Relationships
- Executive Functioning
- Goal Setting
Neurodivergent Education & Exploration
Which of your weaknesses are the result of your neurodivergence? A large part of therapy is understanding your brain and how it impacts you.